Departure city: Arusha, Tanzania
Accommodation: Budget | National Parks: Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti NP, Tarangire NP
* based on 8 participants
This 7 day Tanzania Simba Safari visits 4 of Tanzania’s top safari parks – Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Tarangire National Parks on this Tanzania northern circuit road safari. Movement of the wildebeest migration, with more than 1.5 million gnus, zebras and predators, provides a unique selling point for this exciting destination.
Day One: Arusha to Lake Manyara
On your arrival, a representative with your name printed on an A4 paper will welcome you to Tanzania at the airport and transfer you to hotel. Depending on your arrival time, depart from Arusha in the afternoon (around 2pm) to Rift Valley Escarpment. One of Tanzania’s smaller National Parks, Lake Manyara National Park is dominated by the soda lake that is home to a variety of waterfowl. Fed by underground springs, the park has lush vegetation. Large troupes of olive baboon roam the park and often entertain visitors with their antics. There is also a good chance of spotting resident wildlife ranging from giraffes to hippopotamuses. Later, you will proceed to a campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Day Two: Lake Manyara to Serengeti
Morning game drive Lake Manyara National Park. Lunch at the lodge. Drive to Serengeti National Park with game viewing en route to the lodge. Serengeti National Park is perhaps the best known game park in the world. With more than 14,000 square kilometers, there is a vast diversity between regions of the park. Movement of the wildebeest migration, with more than 1.5 million gnus, zebras and predators, provides a unique selling point for this exciting destination. Serengeti offers far more than the migration, however. Resident game including all of the big five means you can experience outstanding wildlife viewing in any area of the park during any season. Later, you will have dinner and an overnight stay at a camp.
Day Three: Serengeti National Park
We will enjoy the entire day exploring Serengeti National Park with morning and afternoon game drives. Then, you will have dinner and overnight at a campsite.
Day Four: Serengeti to Ngorongoro
After breakfast, we embark on a morning game drive Serengeti before proceeding to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Picnic lunch. Afternoon arrival at the lodge.
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is home to the Ngorongoro Crater – a World Heritage Site and the largest unflooded, intact caldera in the world. The crater was formed more than 25 million years ago by the collapse of a massive volcano. The volcanic ash has developed into fertile land supporting lush vegetation. In turn, this vegetation supports more than 30,000 resident mammals within an area of only 102 square miles meaning game viewing in the crater is often the high point of the safari. Later, you will proceed to a campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Day Five: Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Full day game viewing on the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater with picnic lunch. Later, you will drive back to the camp for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day Six: Ngorongoro to Tarangire National Park
We depart Ngorongoro Crater after breakfast and head south east through Mto wa Mbu village to Tarangire arriving just in time for lunch. The remainder of the afternoon will be spent on a game drive. The national park is home to the second highest concentration of wildlife in Tanzania, after the Serengeti Ecosystem. Wildlife includes, Masai giraffes, buffalos, lions, leopards, baboons and a variety of antelopes and gazelle species. This diverse Tanzanian park covers 2600 km ² of diverse habitats, ranging from grassy savannahs and seasonal marshlands, to woodlands and giant old baobab trees. Later, you will drive back to the camp for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day Seven: Tarangire National Park to Arusha
Depart after breakfast and head north east to Arusha. The journey will pass through the Masai Steppe filled with many picturesque African villages as well as maize, coffee and banana plantations. On arrival in Arusha you will be transferred to Arusha town center for your onward arrangements.
Price of the entire trip: 3300 $ p.p. with 8 people on board.
Gather your friends or join with other travellers on this trip to bring the price down.
Terms & Conditions
• Destination – Lake Manyara National Park, Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro National Park, and Tarangire National Parks
• Safari Highlight – Game drive, Scenic site viewing, Guided walks.
• Accommodation – It is valid and will greatly depend on your budget. We can and will help you choose from the list when planning your trip. At whatever level, we provide the very best for our guests. We reserve the right to substitute equivalent or superior hotels. If a hotel of an equivalent standard is not available, we may substitute the next best quality hotel or suggest a superior at an extra charge. There is free wi-fi in hotels
• Transportation – 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan (up to eight passengers) with pop-up tops and seven window seats for game viewing. Groups of twelve or more people who would like to travel in one vehicle are offered 25-28 seat coasters that have about 16 window seats. Our Safari vehicles are Safarisintained to provide a maximum level of comfort and safety.
• Our Drivers /Guides – We recognize this as a fact! The success of your safari will largely depend on your driver/guide. It is because of this that we have a great team of carefully selected drivers /guides, well trained.
• Package includes – Ground transportation, full board accommodation and en route meals as indicated in the itinerary, one gorilla permit per person to be secured and paid for well in advance, park fees and relevant government taxes, services of an expert guide, airport transfer.
• Package excludes – International flights charges, Visa (USD $50, available upon arrival), a valid passport of at least 6 months will be required, Complex rescue, helicopter rescue, medical evacuation or hospitalization in case of any accidents is not covered in our pricing, Any optional activities, Extra meals and drinks, Items of personal nature, Tips.