Departure city: Arusha, Tanzania
Accommodation: Budget | National Parks: Mt Kilimanjaro
* based on 8 participants
This 6-day safari offers the opportunity to climb Mount Kilimanjaro through the Machame route that has great scenic views and better acclimatization. After successfully ascending to the summit, you will descend down to the Mweka Gate.
Day One: Machame Gate (1,634 meters / 5,363 feet) to Machame Camp (2,834 meters / 9,300 feet)
On your arrival, a representative with your name printed on an A4 paper will welcome you at the airport and transferred to Machame Gate after registration to begin your climb. The first day is a nice leisurely hike through a tropical rainforest. As you pass through the rainforest, you are most likely to spot colobus monkeys and wild birds. After that, you will have dinner and overnight at Machame Camp.
Day Two: Machame Camp (2,834 meters / 9,300 feet) to Shira Camp (3,749 meters / 12,300 feet)
From Machame Camp, you will cross the stream onto its west bank and follow the path up the steep rocky ridge, crisscrossing a few times before reaching Shira Camp at the base of a semi-circular wall of rocks. You will then have dinner and overnight at Shira Camp.
Day Three: Shira Camp (3,749 meters / 12,300 feet) to Barranco Camp (3,901 meters / 12,800 feet)
From Shira Hut, you will hike to Lava Tower (15,000 feet) to acclimatize and then proceed down to Barranco Camp via the great Barranco Wall. This night’s camp is one of the best on the mountain. You will have dinner and overnight at Barranco Camp.
Day Four: Barranco Camp (3,900 meters / 12,800 feet) to Barafu Camp (4,600 meters / 15,091 feet)
Today is a long and tough hike than the past few days. You will hike up to the final camp before your last ascent day to the summit. From Barranco Hut, you will climb up through the edge of great Barranco Wall. It’s a tough morning climb on a steep trail, but once you reach the top, the views are wonderful. Today is the best day to get lots of rest. You will have dinner and overnight at Barafu camp.
Day Five: Barafu Camp (4,600 meters / 15,091 feet) to the summit (5,896 meters / 19,343 feet) and then to Mweka Camp (3,100 meters / 10,170 feet)
You will start trekking early before sunrise (at 01:00 – 02:00) as the walk today will take 10 – 14+ hours. The 1,100-meter (3,600’) ascent in just over 3 kilometres (1,86 miles) will take you about 6 – 8 hours, as you try to reach the summit to watch the sunrise over the Great Rift Valley. After watching the sunrise and taking pictures, you will descend down back to Barafu Camp for lunch then proceed to Mweka Camp. You will have dinner and overnight at Mweka Camp.
Day Six: Mweka Camp (3,100 meters / 10,170 feet) to Mweka Gate (1,828 meters / 6,000 feet)
On the final day, you will have a short 3-hour hike out, walking through the lush forest. You will meet your driver at the Mweka park gate and will be transferred back to Moshi. You will have an overnight stay at a hotel.
Price of the entire trip: 4300 $ p.p. with 8 people on board.
Gather your friends or join with other travellers on this trip to bring the price down.
Terms & Conditions
Destination – Mount Kilimanjaro
• Safari Highlight – Daily trekking and hiking, Sightseeing, Birding, Wildlife viewing
• Accommodation – It is valid and will greatly depend on your budget. We can and will help you choose from the list when planning your trip. At whatever level, we provide the very best for our guests. We reserve the right to substitute equivalent or superior hotels. If a hotel of an equivalent standard is not available, we may substitute the next best quality hotel or suggest a superior at an extra charge. There is free wi-fi in hotels
• Transportation – 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan (up to eight passengers) with pop-up tops and seven window seats for game viewing. Groups of twelve or more people who would like to travel in one vehicle are offered 25-28 seat coasters that have about 16 window seats. Our Safari vehicles are Safarisintained to provide a maximum level of comfort and safety.
• Our Drivers /Guides – We recognize this as a fact! The success of your safari will largely depend on your driver/guide. It is because of this that we have a great team of carefully selected drivers /guides, well trained.
• Package includes – Ground transportation, full board accommodation and en route meals as indicated in the itinerary, one gorilla permit per person to be secured and paid for well in advance, park fees and relevant government taxes, services of an expert guide, airport transfer.
• Package excludes – International flights charges, Visa (USD $50, available upon arrival), a valid passport of at least 6 months will be required, Complex rescue, helicopter rescue, medical evacuation or hospitalization in case of any accidents is not covered in our pricing, Any optional activities, Extra meals and drinks, Items of personal nature, Tips.