Departure city: Arusha, Tanzania
Accommodation: Comfort | National Parks: Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti NP, Tarangire NP
* based on 8 participants
This 5 day Tanzania Safari offers the opportunity to visit Tanzania’s top safari parks – Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Tarangire National Parks.
Day One: Tarangire National Park
On your arrival, a representative with your name printed on an A4 paper will welcome you to Tanzania at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time, relax in your already-booked hotel after a long flight while you are dreaming of your safari tomorrow morning. You will be picked up at your hotel in Moshi or Arusha at 7:00 a.m. and transferred to the Tarangire National Park to start off your game viewing experience in the magnificent park which is famous for its large collection of baobab trees, spectacular large mammal population, and variety of bird species, not to mention one of the largest concentration of elephants in the country. Overnight stay at Maramboi Tented Camp (Full-Board).
Day Two: Serengeti National Park
You will start your safari at 7:00 a.m. and head to Serengeti National Park to kick off day two of your safari. You will pass by a traditional Masai Boma along the way to experience the ways of life of the Masai people. You will enter the Serengeti at around noon and spend the rest of your afternoon exploring its world-renowned endless plains in search of one of the greatest wildlife spectacles in the world, the great annual migration. After your game drive, you will be taken to your tented camp or lodge, where you will be spending the night. The meals provided for this day are breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge
Day Three and Four: Serengeti National Park
You will spend the next two full days exploring the amazing variety of mammals, birds, and reptile species the park has to offer and not to forget the breathtaking scenery and sunsets. After your tour of the park, you will be transferred to your tented camp or lodge, where you will be spending the night. The meals provided for these days are breakfast, lunch, and dinner Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge
Day Five: Ngorongoro Crater
Today, you will have an early start as you head to the Ngorongoro Crater to explore the last but not least amazing part of your tour. The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the few areas in Tanzania where you can find such a breathtaking blend of scenery and wildlife coupled with a fascinating historical and cultural element. The crater is not only the largest unbroken caldera in the world but it is also one of the new seven natural wonders of Africa. After your morning game drive, you will take a break to enjoy your packed lunch at the hippo pool picnic site. After lunch, you will be transferred back to Moshi, Arusha, or Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) in the afternoon via curio shops where you can grab some souvenirs to take back home with you.
Note: The best time to experience the migration safari is from November to August with April and May being the optimum time.
Maramboi Tented Camp
Sitting on the shores of Lake Manyara, Maramboi is a large permanent tented camp offering game drives in both Manyara National Park and Tarangire. It shares its unique location with just one other lodge and is a lovely quiet alternative to the value lodges clustered around the north of Tarangire. With 32 standard tents, 8 suites and 2 units with 2 interconnected rooms, Maramboi is a little on the large side. But given its very quiet location, on the shores of Lake Manyara but closer to Tarangire National Park, the lodge doesn’t feel crowded. The rooms themselves are permanent tents sitting on raised wooden platforms and are surprisingly good given the price. Large, tasteful and clean with 24-hour electricity.
The Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge reflects both the local culture and the surrounding environment. Set high on a hill with magnificent views of the sweeping Serengeti, the lodge is reminiscent of a traditional African village. Rondavels built in the time-honoured hut style, house luxury bedrooms with en-suite facilities. Simple in design, yet sophisticated in content, the Serengeti Serena’s decor highlights African arts and crafts, including woodcarving, bead making and pottery.
Everything from key tags to headboards for the beds has been specially made. This uniquely African design skilfully incorporates the comforts and attention to detail that is the hallmark of every Serena Lodge. Therefore, if you wish to stay in a lodge, but want more of an African experience, then you will thoroughly enjoy your experience here. The lodge has 66 bedrooms and a stunning swimming pool.
Price of the entire trip: 3050 $ p.p. with 8 people on board.
Gather your friends or join with other travellers on this trip to bring the price down.
Terms & Conditions
• Destination – Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Tarangire National Parks
• Safari Highlight – Movement of wildebeest, Game drive, Scenic viewing, Guided walks.
• Optional Highlight – View the picturesque scenery of The Serengeti National Park in a hot air balloon safari. Take time to see the Maasai Rock Paintings and even hear the Musical Rocks! Just down the road, you’ll find the Ngorongoro Crater and Olduvai Gorge. We strongly recommend that traveller books for air balloon safari in advance to secure your place. We have limited capacity and this exclusive adventure is frequently fully booked. The price is US$560.20 Tanzania National Parks Balloon Fee.
• Accommodation – It is valid and will greatly depend on your budget. We can and will help you choose from the list when planning your trip. At whatever level, we provide the very best for our guests. We reserve the right to substitute equivalent or superior hotels. If a hotel of an equivalent standard is not available, we may substitute the next best quality hotel or suggest a superior at an extra charge. There is free wi-fi in hotels
• Transportation – 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan (up to eight passengers) with pop-up tops and seven window seats for game viewing. Groups of twelve or more people who would like to travel in one vehicle are offered 25-28 seat coasters that have about 16 window seats. Our Safari vehicles are Safarisintained to provide a maximum level of comfort and safety.
• Our Drivers /Guides – We recognize this as a fact! The success of your safari will largely depend on your driver/guide. It is because of this that we have a great team of carefully selected drivers /guides, well trained.
• Package includes – Ground transportation, full board accommodation and en route meals as indicated in the itinerary, one gorilla permit per person to be secured and paid for well in advance, park fees and relevant government taxes, services of an expert guide, airport transfer.
• Package excludes – International flights charges, Visa (USD $50, available upon arrival), a valid passport of at least 6 months will be required, Complex rescue, helicopter rescue, medical evacuation or hospitalization in case of any accidents is not covered in our pricing, Any optional activities, Extra meals and drinks, Items of personal nature, Tips.