Departure city: Arusha, Tanzania
Accommodation: Budget | National Parks: Tarangire NP, Lake Manyara
* based on 8 participants
Our affordable Tanzania Lodge Safari tour begins and ends in Arusha, Tanzania and if you are on a budget or short on time, this East African Safari is a winner.
Our first game viewing adventure is at Tarangire National Park, well known for its diversity, beauty, huge number of elephants and the tree climbing lions. The Tarangire River runs through the park and it attracts vast amounts of wildlife during the dry season, particularly from Lake Manyara National Park, which is our next destination.
From Manyara National Park we move into the highlands of the Great Rift Valley where we are treated to spectacular views over the Maasai Plains and Lake Manyara, as we travel to the celebrated Ngorongoro Crater home to Africa ‘ s Big 5 as well as an abundance of other wildlife. We then take a scenic journey from Ngorongoro Crater to Karatu.
The Budget Tanzania Wildlife Lodge Safari offers an unforgettable East African panoramic and wildlife expedition to leading safari destinations.
Day One: Arusha – Tarangire National Park (Tanzania)
After a short tour briefing in Arusha, our Tanzania Budget Lodge Safari gets underway. During the dry season, the Tarangire River attracts large numbers of various animals. Considered one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in northern Tanzania, with an incredibly diverse landscape and vegetation, which sustains high grasses, dense bush and huge numbers of baobab trees, the park is home to a variety of wildlife, but is particularly well known for big cats, including tree climbing lions.
We enjoy some game viewing in the late afternoon, before heading to our tented camp near Tarangire National Park.
We stay in luxury, en-suite tents with verandas that look out over Lake Burunge and Tarangire beyond. The safari camp features a swimming pool, lounge and dining /bar area raised on a wooden deck so that guests can enjoy the views. Sit back and relax with sundowners as the sun sets over the lake and surrounding bush, or sidle up to the cosy fireplace on chilly nights.
Day Two: Tarangire National Park – Lake Manyara National Park & Karatu (Tanzania)
Leaving Tarangire National Park after breakfast we drive to the nearby Lake Manyara National Park, a scenic gem described by Ernest Hemingway as “the loveliest I had seen in Africa”. On our route to Lake Manyara National Park, we pass through Mto wa Mbu village, home to 120 different tribes. We arrive at the park after a lunch stop and go on an afternoon game drive amid contrasting scenery.
On entering the park, the road takes us through a lush jungle-like forest, home to baboons and monkeys, before opening on to a grassy floodplain. Large buffaloes, wildebeest, giraffes and herds of zebra congregate on the grassy plains. Further inland the legendary tree-climbing lions and elephant can be found in a narrow belt of woodland. As well as the many animals, Manyara is home to prolific birdlife and is famous for the huge flocks of flamingos along the lakeshore.
Leaving Lake Manyara Park we drive through the Great Rift Valley heading for the richly vegetated crater highlands. The views from the highlands over the Masai Plains and Lake Manyara are spectacular and a must stop photo opportunity. We are on our way to Africa’s Garden of Eden, the Ngorongoro Crater, but spend tonight just outside the Conservation Area in a tranquil, eco-friendly lodge. Each en-suite chalet features a fireplace and private verandah for our comfort. Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Day Three: Ngorongoro Crater – Karatu
We enjoy a hearty breakfast at our lodge and then head for Ngorongoro Crater where we descend the steep crater walls to explore this wilderness teeming with wildlife. The Big 5 may be found at Ngorongoro Crater and it boasts one of the highest concentration of lions in the world. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ngorongoro is a huge caldera 18 km in diameter with walls as high as 600 metres. The fertile crater supports a variety of wildlife, including elephants, monkeys, hyena, jackal and herds of zebra, wildebeest, buffalo and other antelope species, in diverse habitats.
We picnic in the crater and after an exciting day of game viewing we leave the Ngorongoro Crater Conservation area and return to our peaceful, eco-lodge. Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Day Four: Karatu – Arusha
On the last day of our Tanzania Wildlife Lodge Safari, we have breakfast late and then depart the crater highlands, descending into the Rift Valley. Travelling through some amazing Tanzanian landscapes, we return to Arusha where our memorable, wildlife safari ends.
Price of the entire trip: 2250 $ p.p. with 8 people on board.
Gather your friends or join with other travellers on this trip to bring the price down.
Terms & Conditions
• Destination –Tarangire National Park and Manyara National Park.
• Tailor-Made– We are specialists in personalized, tailor-made travel and your holiday will be custom-designed to suit your requirements. We are all individuals, so why be tied to a set group tour or a set itinerary? Our experienced staff can help you design your own individualized holiday. Explore at your own pace, choose your own style of accommodation, and include your own choice of sightseeing and activities.
• Accommodation – It is valid and will greatly depend on your budget. We can and will help you choose from the list when planning your trip. At whatever level, we provide the very best for our guests. We reserve the right to substitute equivalent or superior hotels. If a hotel of an equivalent standard is not available we may substitute the next best quality hotel or suggest a superior at an extra charge. There is free wi-fi in hotels.
• Transportation – 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan (up to eight passengers) with pop-up tops and seven window seats for game viewing. Groups of twelve or more people who would like to travel in one vehicle are offered 25-28 seat coasters that have about 16 window seats. Our Safari vehicles are well maintained to provide the maximum level of comfort and safety.
• Our Drivers /Guides – We recognize this as a fact! The success of your safari will largely depend on your driver/guide. It is because of this that we have a great team of carefully selected drivers /guides, well trained.